Tour Type : Ballooning
Coverage Area : Mandalay - Bagan - Inle
Type of Service: Premium Service
Price: We offer the price quote by mail.
Oriental Ballooning Flight Schedule:
Morning Take off: one sunrise flight per day. (Subject to change in the case of unsuitable weather)
Flight time: 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on wind direction and speed.
Flight Package includes: Collection and return to hotels; pre-flight coffee and pastries; full safety briefing by the pilot, fantastic balloon flight; fresh fruit, fruit juices and sparkling wine toast after landing; commemorative personalized flight certificate signed by the pilot; complimentary Oriental Ballooning memorabilia.
Oriental Ballooning features:
- A fleet of brand new (2013) balloons and equipment built in the United Kingdom by Cameron Balloons, the world’s largest and longest established commercial balloons manufacturer.
- Premium customer space and comfort, with a maximum of two people per compartment in a four or eight passenger balloon basket.
- UK qualified and licensed professional balloon pilots, hand-picked for their character and extensive worldwide balloon flying experience.
- All Pilots have Air Traffic Radio License.
- World leading safety standards for all flights and operations.
- Premium exclusive charter service for a private family or couples flight.
- Full and comprehensive cover for all passengers with specialist international insurers, Lloyds for US$ 5M.
Terms and Conditions – Hot Air Balloon Flights with ORIENTAL BALLOONING
- Passengers flying with ORIENTAL BALLOONING are bound by the following Terms and Conditions: Passengers should wear long-sleeved shirts and long trousers or skirts, preferably made from natural fibers.
- Any medical condition such as epilepsy, recent surgery or other condition which can affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed to ORIENTAL BALLOONING at the time of booking, and to the pilot on the day of your flight. Pregnant women will not be allowed on flights. ORIENTAL BALLOONING will not be liable for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by the pilot, crew or company representatives.
- Any passenger with a body weight in excess of 125kg/280lbs, or any passenger requiring the space of 2 passengers in the balloon basket, is required to pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance may lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
- Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted to fly with ORIENTAL BALLOONING. Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and only if the child is over 4’6” or 137cm in height.
- As the pilot is legally responsible for the safety of all passengers at all times connected with the flight, he or she has the right to refuse passengers for whatsoever reason as to not endanger the flight or other passengers.
- Full attention must be paid by passengers to the safety briefing given before the launch of the balloon, and questions should be put to pilot if the briefing is not understood or unclear.
- The decision of the pilot of the day is final on all matters, and he or she has full authority over passengers and crew who are to fully comply with his or her instructions or orders.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING expects passengers to give full co-operation and assistance if needed to the pilot and crew in any situation that is deemed reasonable, during pre- and post-flight activities.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, and change rendezvous and launch sites at short notice, to achieve safe and successful flights. The company is not liable for any ensuing loss or inconvenience.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING carries third party and passenger liability for all its balloons.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of an act or default of any other passenger or bystander.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING accepts no liability for loss or damage to persons or property other than that which results from negligence on its own part.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING will not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects taken on flights.
- Flights cancelled by ORIENTAL BALLOONING for safety reasons, inclement or unfavorable weather conditions, or operational difficulties will be refunded in full. All direct payments to ORIENTAL BALLOONING will be refunded in cash either in Bagan, Mandalay or Yangon. For all bookings made through tour agents, passengers must contact the respective agent to expedite their refunds.
- ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserves the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates, at its discretion.
- No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight
Safety briefing (as given by the pilot before takeoff)
- SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN AND AROUND THE BALLOONS AT ANY TIME.
- At all times, do not walk between the trucks or tractors and the balloon
- During the inflation of the balloons, remain in the passenger reception area until called to your balloon by your pilot.
- Before landing, stow all cameras, videos, binoculars etc. DO NOT HANG ANYTHING AROUND YOUR NECK.
- On the command ‘Landing Positions’:
- Face backwards to the direction of travel, and hold tightly on to the rope handles inside the basket
- If seats are provided, sit down on the seats. If not, bend your knees (as if skiing), but do not sit on the floor
- Lean back against the basket padding
- Stay in this position until invited to stand upright again.
- After landing, stay in the basket. Do not get out, until the pilot tells you it is safe to exit.
Terms and conditions for bookings
1. ORIENTAL BALLOONING will require the following passenger information at least one week before the flight;
1. Full names
4. Hotel contact details
2. 20% cancellation charge will apply for cancellations within 7-30 days of the flight date, 100% cancellation charge will apply for cancellations less than 7 days before the flight date. No-show fees are equivalent to contracted rate for passenger(s) reserved.
3. Passengers must register at our sales desk upon arrival at each destination, Bagan, Mandalay or Inle.
4. No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight.
5. ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, and change rendezvous and launch sites at short notice, to achieve safe and successful flights. The company is not liable for any ensuing loss or inconvenience.
6. Flights cancelled by Oriental Ballooning for safety reasons or as a result of unfavourable weather or operational difficulties will be refunded in full.
7. ORIENTAL BALLOONING carries third party and passenger liability for all its balloons.
8. ORIENTAL BALLOONING reserves the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates, at its discretion.
9. Any passenger with a body weight in excess of 125kg/280lbs, or any passenger requiring the space of 2 passengers in the balloon basket, is required to pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance may lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
9. Oriental Ballooning reserves the right to revise all rates, terms and conditions in the event of an upsurge in the market, with a minimum one month notice. However, Oriental Ballooning would consider all reservations that are confirmed in writing to be at the current rates and terms.
Oriental Ballooning Frequently Asked Questions
Q When can I fly with Oriental Ballooning?
A The flying season in Myanmar is October to March. We are currently offering early morning flights throughout this period.
Q How long do I need to allow for a balloon flight?
A From pick up at your hotel, to returning you there, takes approximately 3 to 4 hours.
Q I’m not very good at getting up in the morning. Is it possible to fly in the afternoon?
A We do not offer afternoon flights. Morning flights are cooler and more likely to occur, as the weather conditions are more reliable and suitable in the morning.
Q At what time will I be collected from my Hotel?
A Passenger pick-up time varies by location and throughout the flying season but is generally between 5.30am and 6.15am. We will inform you of the exact time when you confirm your flight, which is usually the evening prior to your flight.
Q Why do we need to go so early in the morning?
A To take advantage of the best flying conditions and to capture that all-important early morning light as it illuminates the temples and stupas. Later in the day the atmosphere may become unstable making it unsuitable for ballooning.
Q Where can I go flying with Oriental Ballooning?
A We currently offer flights over Bagan and Mandalay. Both areas have their own particular charm. In Bagan you will marvel at the sight of so many temples and stupas in such a small area. In Mandalay, you will be enthralled by the lively atmosphere of this populous city and the beauty of its location beside the mighty Irrawaddy.
Q How far and how high do we go?
A Hot air balloons fly with the wind so the distance travelled depends on the wind speed. Typically you will travel between 5 and 10km. Your pilot will alter the height the balloon travels at throughout the flight to give you the best views. At times you will glide along at tree-top height and at others you will be given a panoramic view from 2000 ft/600m.
Q I’m afraid of heights, is this a problem in ballooning?
A You needn’t be. In our experience, people who say they are afraid of heights invariably find that in a balloon basket their fears melt away immediately the balloon leaves the ground. There is a scientific explanation why this is so, but we won’t bore you with it here. Just try it and you’ll find out!
Q How many people will there be in the basket?
A Balloon baskets, like balloons come in different sizes. Oriental Ballooning is proud to offer you compartmented baskets for your safety and comfort. There will only be one other passenger in the same compartment as you.
Q Can my child go ballooning?
A Passengers aged 8 or older can be flown, as long as they are at least 137cm tall (4ft6in). Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied on the flight by a responsible adult. Sorry, we don’t offer reduced fares for children.
Q I’m not very physically fit. Is this a problem?
A You need to be able to climb in and out of the basket and stand unaided for an hour or so. If you are unable to climb in and out, we have a basket available with a door to aid easy entry into the basket, which may be available for an extra charge.
Q What should I wear?
A You should wear layered, comfortable outdoor clothing and sturdy flat shoes. Although it gets hot quickly when the sun rises, it can be quite cold and damp before sunrise, especially during December and January. It is best to wear layers of clothes, which you can take off as the morning warms up.
Q What about toilets?
A Sorry, we don’t have any toilet facilities available on our launch or landing sites.
Q What can I bring along on the flight?
A Handbags, cameras, binoculars and lots of questions; just as you would when out with a tour guide. You will want to capture those memories and our knowledgeable pilots will be happy to answer all of your questions. Valuables are carried in the basket at the owner’s risk. Make sure you have plenty of space on your memory card and your camera battery is fully charged
Q Do flights get cancelled and if so, what happens?
A Flights can be cancelled for safety or operational reasons. Although the weather in Myanmar during the flying season is very stable, there are occasions when we have to cancel a flight for the safety of our passengers, pilots and crew. If this happens, we may be able to offer you a later flight in the same location or one of our alternative locations. If you are unable to take advantage of this, don’t worry, you will receive a full refund.
Q How can I book a flight with Oriental Ballooning?
A Booking a flight with us couldn’t be simpler. You can book through your agent, guide, hotel or boat. Or, in person, call or email one of our offices listed below, or fill in the form on the ‘Contact us’ page of our website www.orientalballooning.com
Q How much does it cost?
A Our flights cost $360 per person(valid until 31 March 2014) which includes the following: Collection from and return to your hotel A light breakfast of tea, coffee, croissant and pastries Pre-flight safety briefing Balloon flight in one of our new, intimate balloons Post-flight fruit juice, fresh fruit and sparkling wine Written flight certificate signed by your pilot
Q How can I pay for my flight?
A You can pay your guide, hotel or agent, or if booking directly with Oriental Ballooning you can pay by cash (US$) or credit card.
Q Why should I book with Oriental Ballooning?
A Simply because we believe we offer you the best service and the most spectacular experience, in our beautiful balloons. Our baskets are designed with your comfort in mind, allowing you plenty of room to move around, especially when you need to get that perfect photograph.